Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saving Zoë

Saving Zoë  By Alyson Noel

Publication Date: September 2007
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Pages: 230
Age Group: YA
Source: Barnes and Noble
 
Summary: (Barnes and Noble) Meet fifteen-year-old Echo, a typical teen trying to survive high school without being totally traumatized by boy trouble, friend drama, and school issues. As if she didn't have enough on her plate, Echo is also still dealing with the murder of her sister Zoë. Although it's been over a year, Echo is still reeling from tragedy that changed everything. Beautiful and full of life, Zoë was the glue that held her family together, and although the two sisters were as different as night and day, they still had a bond that Echo can't let go of. When Zoë's old boyfriend Marc shows up one day with Zoë's diary, Echo doesn't think there's anything in there she doesn't already know. But as she gives in to curiosity and starts reading, she learns that her sister led a secret life that no one could have guessed—not even Echo.

My Thoughts: This was one of the best and fast reads that I have read in a long time! I devoured every word that Alyson Nöel wrote. Echo was an insightful and believable character that had a strong, independent voice. My heart was pulled in different directions throughout reading this book. It was fresh and addicting, making it easy to finish in one sitting. I was thrilled to have picked this up! (It caught my eye because of the name! That's exactly how I spell mine.) I have nothing more to say than that you should really drop everything and read this book right now, if you haven't already.

Cover: 5
Plot: 5
Style of Writing: 5
Characters: 5
Overall: 5

Would I ever read from this author again?: YES!!!

2 comments:

  1. this sounds awesome. I've been wanting to Alyson Noel for a while... LOVED the review.

    ALSO ~ you'e reading Lisa unger! I loved that book (and the first one) and have read 3 more of hers ~ which I didn;t love as much but I still really enjoy reading her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem with reading this book is that it completely raised the bar for any future book I was planing on reading in the near future by the author and I was often disappointed. This was one of the first books that I read with a girl dealing with grief. I completely fell in love with it.

    Thank you for the lovely comment btw,very sweet of you. :) The Sky is Everywhere deals with something a little similar, but is probably a little more better :) *Just a heads up*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and comment! *~Zoe~*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...